- Flexible bed allocations for hospital wards (with René Bekker and Dennis Roubos).
To appear in Health Care Management Science.
- On the performance of small-scale living facilities in nursing homes: a simulation approach (with Dennis Moeke, Ruben van de Geer and René Bekker). Operations Research for Health Care 11:20-34, 2016.
- Task scheduling in long-term care facilities: A client-centered approach (with Alexander Lieder, Dennis Moeke and Raik Stolletz).
Operations Research for Health Care 6:11-17, 2015.
- Simulation-based optimization of staffing levels in an emergency department (with Karim Ghanes and others).
Simulation 91(10):942-953, 2015.
- Implementation of internet treatment for depression and anxiety in routine mental health care: Results from a naturalistic study (with Robin Kenter and others).
Internet Interventions 2(1):77-83, 2015.
- Scale and skill mix efficiencies in nursing home staffing: Inside the black box (with Dennis Moeke and Lineke Verkooijen).
Health Systems 3:18–28, 2014.
- Optimal outpatient appointment scheduling with emergency arrivals and general service times (with Paulien Koeleman).
IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering 2(1):14-30, 2012.
- Improving CT scan capabilities with a new trauma workflow concept: Simulation of hospital logistics using different CT scanner scenarios (with Korik Alons, Marcel Dijkgraaf, P.H.P. Fung Kon Jin, C. van Kuijk, L.F.M. Beenen, and Carel Goslings).
European Journal of Radiology 80(2):504-509, 2011.
- Analyzing completion times in an academic Emergency Department: Coordination of care is the weakest link (with Annemieke van Dongen and 6 others).
The Netherlands Journal of Medicine 69(9):392-398, 2011.
- Dimensioning hospital wards using the Erlang loss model (with Arnoud de Bruin, René Bekker, and Lillian van Zanten).
Annals of Operations Research 178:23-43, 2010.
- Optimal outpatient appointment scheduling (with Guido Kaandorp).
Health Care Management Science 10:217-229, 2007.
- Modeling the emergency cardiac in-patient flow: An application of queueing theory (with Arnoud de Bruin, Bert van Rossum, and Marieke Visser).
Health Care Management Science 10:125-137, 2007.
Other scientific papers:
Publications in the professional literature: